Long Life HID Billboard Fixtures
Panel-Vue® and Sign-Vue® II luminaires are the best choices to achieve the two purposes of a sign after sun down: to attract attention and to convey a message. Visibility and legibility are achieved by creating contrast; contrast between the sign and its background creates visibility while contrast between the legend and the sign face creates legibility. Hot spots and dark spots are eliminated when Panel-Vue® and Sign-Vue® II fixtures are used because extremely uniform illumination is provided over the entire sign face.
Features & Benefits
- Prismatic glass refractor: Uniformly disperses the maximum amount of light over entire sign face with minimal energy consumption.
- Integral ballast: Labor and installation cost is reduced since remote ballasts, electrical boxes, some wire and conduit and drilling on the back of the sign are eliminated.
- Mounting: Three and four bolt patterns are available on 12” and 6 1 ⁄2” centers as well as direct arm mount onto 1 1 ⁄4” round conduit or 1 1 ⁄2” square tubing.
- Low profile: The shallow profile provides a clean , clutter- free look that does not obstruct the message.
- Weathertight design: The entire luminaire meets all UL 1572 rain test requirements and is listed for “Wet Location”.
- HID lamps: Long life, easy maintenance light sources such as mercury vapor, metal halide and high pressure sodium mean maintenance person “catwalk time” is minimized.
- Reduced maintenance: Optional door latches and quick disconnect, in addition to long life Holophane ballast and HID lamps mean maintenance time is minimized and safety is improved.